Alice Clayton is a new novelist with an unholy love for her Kitchenaid mixer. Making her home in St Louis, she enjoys gardening but not weeding, baking but not cleaning up afterwards, and is trying desperately to get her long time boyfriend to make her an honest woman. Hi sweetie!!
The Unidentified Redhead is Alice's first novel, and first ever attempt at writing anything other than a grocery list. Imagine her surprise when she found out it was going to be published. Alice says "I wanted to write something that I would get a kick out of reading. I don't normally enjoy romance novels, but I am a sucker for a interesting story with a little...ahem...heat? But I also crave the funny. Why not combine the two? Why not funny smut? Why not comedic erotica?"
Why not indeed.
Alice would like you to know that she is no longer comfortable talking about herself in third person (Hi everyone!!*waves*) and thinks that you should simply trust her and give The Unidentified Redhead a try. She thinks you, and your significant other, will be pleased.
Alice would also like all her readers to help her convince her long time boyfriend that the only other thing that would make her truly happy is finally bringing home a Bernese Mountain Dog.
I pulled my orange scarf a little more snugly around my neck and knotted it again so it tucked right under my chin. The air was cool this morning, and the leaves fell gently around me, blown about by a blustery breeze. Fortunately, I was sheltered from most of the wind, and I took the opportunity to gaze once again at the scene before me:
Brownstones. Concrete. Yellow cabs. A deli advertising both pastrami and falafel.
I sipped my coffee regular and marveled at my life, where it had taken me. I loved New York.
The last few weeks had been amazing—and difficult. It was now October, and fall had officially come to Manhattan. The air was crisp, there were pumpkins on stoops, and I was having the time of my life. Literally. I was insanely happy.
Except, I was really missing my Brit.
Let’s go back a bit
The Unidentified Redhead Blurb:
When Grace Sheridan moves to Los Angeles to become a working actor, it's a second shot at a life-long dream. But at thirty-three, has she missed her chance? And will an unexpected romance with the entertainment industry's newest "it" boy shine an uncomfortable spotlight on her life? For more information, visit www.theunidentifiedredhead.com
The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton Book Trailer:
I want to thank Alice for stopping by and doing this interview with me. She has also been nice enough to give away an ebook of her novel The Unidentified Redhead.
1) MUST be 18 years or older.
2) Must be a follower of my blog. This being my first giveaway I would like to have it go to someone who follows me....^_^.
3) Must leave a comment (with you e-mail address) either for Alice, about the interview, about her debut novel, or a meaningful comment.
4) Contest runs from July 26th til August 14th but I do reserve the right to extent it if I need to. Winner will be chosen by Alice herself.
5) Not a must but would love for you to spread the word via your Blog, your Blog Side Bar, Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, or any other social media.
6) Have a great time. I think Alice's book is terrific and I hope everyone will go out and pick up a copy.
Good Luck to everyone.