Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Alzheimer’s Memory Walk

Please help support Christina DelPriore walk for Alzheimer's in honor of my loving grandparents.

As some of you may know, Alzheimer’s is a disease that has affected my life in a tremendous way. Both of my maternal grandparents, Joseph and Hilda Del Priore, were diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Hilda today is still living with this disease. Joseph died in 2004.

My grandparents are both very influential people in my life. Without their hard work and love, I would not have the roof over my head. I would not know how to be a hard worker, and not know the importance of the family around you. Because of them, I have been able to achieve so much in my life so far, and they will always be in my mind as a work to complete my dreams in the future. In their honor, I decided last year to start Team Del Priore, and am continuing this year, because I want to do what ever I can to help contribute to the research that is being done.

As a nursing student, and just on my own time, I have done a lot of reading on Alzheimer’s disease. There is still a lot unknown about this disease, and with the rise of the baby boomers, it is projected that the number of diagnosed cases will rise. At the bottom of my message, there will be some facts provided by Alz.org.

If anyone wants to join or donate even the smallest amount, it will make a difference. Please help me put one foot forward, both literally and figuratively towards furthering Alzheimer’s research so great people in the future, like my grandparents, no longer have to suffer from this illness. It’s a heart breaking and fatal disease for both the loved one and their family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Currently more than 5 million Americans have Alzheimer's, and 78 million baby boomers are at risk – unless we find a way to change the course of this disease.

Thank you for supporting my efforts. We’re on the MOVE to end Alzheimer’s!

Join Our Team



Hilda and Joseph Del Priore were married on January 11th 1953. They had three children, two girls and a boy. They bought a house in Somerville. Joseph worked many hard years, sometimes working two jobs, to support his family and make sure they had everything that they needed to live a happy life. During his free time, he always kept up with his garden. He worked hard at keeping his red rose bush and peach tree growing tall and healthy. Hilda took care of the kids, kept the cleanest house around, and enjoyed going out with her family and friends. She loved her children more than anything, and took many trips down to Florida to visit her sister. She loved scary movies and cooked possibly some of the best food around by memory.

However as they aged, all these wonderful memories were slowly taken away from them. Their honeymoon in New York, the birth of their children, their children dreams. All of the memories with their brothers and sisters, All of the holidays. They slowly slipped away. Alzheimer’s disease has a way of doing that. Joseph died in 2004, and Hilda is still living today. Unfortunately, there are millions of other Americans whose life followed this same tragic pattern.

Please help join us and walk on Sunday September 26th or make a donation in honor of Joseph and Hilda Del Priore. Our goal is to raise us much money as possible, as well as show our support for research to help prevent and cure this disease so amazing individuals like them no longer have to suffer from this fatal and devastating.

- Christina Del Priore
Team Captain

The above was copied from my cousin Christina's Team Pages.


Everyday I watch my grandmother when my aunt goes to work or when my grandmother comes back from spending the day with other senior citizens. She has her good days and she has her bad days. I never know if she is going to remember who I am or even if she will remember my kids which are her great-grand kids. It breaks my heart to watch as I am sure anyone who has a loved one with Alzheimer's can attest to. If you would like to help support my grandparents, or anyone you know who is living with this terrible disease please click the link below to help join the fight against Alzheimer's. Only if we all work together can we help find a cure.

Link:

http://memorywalk2010.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=333545&supid=262868076

http://memorywalk2010.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=333545&lis=1&kntae333545=D98BFB6098F64106AD2BEADDED93B8BA&supId=0&team=3871437&cj=Y

2 comments:

Deli653 said...

I love it! Thanks!

skyla11377 said...

You are so welcome hun....^_^.

Post a Comment

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Cool Banners

Love Immortal By Brita Addams
Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow

Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer