Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Friday, October 22, 2010

Flashback Friday

I want to try and post this every Friday to highlight a book that I have read in the past up to December of 2009. I don't have a meme set up or a picture to display with said meme BUT I will see how this goes and figure it out as I go....^_^. Okay for my first Flashback Friday post I would like to feature Gentle Warrior By Julie Garwood. Below is almost what the original picture used to look like. I couldn't find the cover like the one I bought back when it first came out but this one is the closest.


Gentle Warrior By Julie Garwood

  • Mass Market Paperback: 320 pages
  • Genre: Historical Romance
  • Publisher: Pocket (October 1,1995)*
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0671737805
  • ISBN-13: 978-0671737801
  • Source: Amazon.Com (link to purchase HERE)
  • Purchase: Barnes And Nobel (link to purchase HERE)
  • *Not the date given on Amazon.Com BUT it is the original date this book was publish so I wanted to give you that date because that was back around the time when I first read it give or take a few years.

    Blurb:

    In feudal England, Elizabeth Montwright barely escaped the massacre that destroyed her family and exiled her from her ancestral castle. Bent on revenge, she rode again through the fortress gates, disguised as a peasant...to seek aid from Geoffrey Berkley, the powerful baron who had routed the murderers.

    He heard her pleas, resisted her demands, and vowed to seduce his beautiful subject. Yet as Elizabeth fought the warrior's caresses, love flamed for this gallant man who must soon champion her cause...and capture her spirited heart!

    I first read this book when I was in my very early teens. It was my second Historical Romance I had read and I have read every single Julie Garwood book since (25 but actually 27 in total) except for "A Girl Named Summer" and "Sizzle". Historical Romances back then are NOTHING like they are today but that is not such a bad thing....lol. Julie Garwood has such an exception way with words that even when she wrote Contemporary books I was right on board to devour every single word. If not for her I am not sure I would be as interested in Romance Novels as I am today. This was a fantastic book back when I read it and I need to buy another copy (because I don't want my kids destroying my original one....lol) and reread it now that I am older. Everyone should check out this book and discover this amazing author and fantastic book. To this day Julie Garwood remains my all time favorite writer Historical Romance or otherwise.

    If you want to join me in my Flashback Friday just make a post and link it back to me and in the comments post your link for others to see. Again, I know this is were Mr. Linky would come in handy but at the moment I can't afford to upgrade my free status. I hope that won't deter anyone from joining me and introducing others to some great books.

    Link:

    http://juliegarwood.com/

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Clockwork Angel Countdown

    Cool Banners

    Love Immortal By Brita Addams
    Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
    Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow

    Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



    Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer