Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Friday, October 29, 2010

Flashback Friday

I want to try and post this every Friday to highlight a book that I have read in the past up to December of 2009. I don't have a meme set up or a picture to display with said meme BUT I will see how this goes and figure it out as I go....^_^. For my second Flashback Friday post I would like to feature Highland Lovesong By Penelope Neri.

Highland Lovesong By Penelope Neri

  • Paperback: 368 pages
  • Publisher: Leisure Books (June 13, 2000)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0843947241
  • ISBN-13: 978-0843947243
  • Source: Amazon.Com (link to purchase HERE) and Paper Back Swap (link to purchase HERE)
  • Purchase: Barnes And Nobel (link to purchase HERE)

  • Blurb:

    For decades the Highlanders fought each other, as well as the English from the south who spilled over the borders. But children know nothing of clan hatreds, nor of enemies. When sixteen-year-old Graham MacKenzie and ten-year-old Skyla MacLeod swore a blood oath to eternal friendship, it was the beginning of a love as deep as the lochs of their homeland and as enduring as the heather on the hills. Ten years later, Gray was a grown man, laird in his own right, and ready to make sweet Skyla his bonnie bride. But on the morn of their betrothal, her uncle was found murdered, with Grays dirk buried deep in his heart. Gazing at the suspicion in his beloveds eyes, he knew he had but one choice-TO steal his bride away and prove that love could unite both their bodies and their clans.

    I read this book back in 2000 when it first came out and I loved it. As I said in last week's post I have read Historical Romance Novels for a long time so when I first read the back of the book I knew that this book was for me. I fell in love with the heroine and her name so much so that I use that name everywhere (as some of you may already know....lol). Skyla is such a beautiful name and the character was so wonderfully written that this story has been a favorite of mine ever since. Besides this story has a very ruggedly handsome Highlander. Who wouldn't want one of those....^_^. Historical Romances have changed over the years but some things will always remain the same. A man in a kilt will ALWAYS set our hearts a fluttering. If you are interested in Scottish Highlands and a great love story this book is definitely one you should check out. Just from doing this post and last weeks post I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of re-reading because in doing these posts it made me remember how many great books have influenced me over the years and still to this day.

    If you want to join me in my Flashback Friday just make a post and link it back to me and in the comments post your link for others to see. Again, I know this is were Mr. Linky would come in handy but at the moment I can't afford to upgrade my free status. I hope that won't deter anyone from joining me and introducing others to some great books.

    Link:


    http://www.penelopeneri.com

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Clockwork Angel Countdown

    Cool Banners

    Love Immortal By Brita Addams
    Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
    Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow

    Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



    Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer