Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Monday, November 22, 2010

Review Of Crossroads (Southern Arcana Series #2) By Moira Rogers

Cover Image
Crossroads (Southern Arcana Series #2) By Moira Rogers
  • Pub. Date: November 2010
  • Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Limited
  • Format: Paperback , 272pp
  • Sales Rank: 111,731

Blurb:

He’s the last man she should ever want. She’s the last woman he can ever have.

Southern Arcana, Book 2

Coming from a family with psychic gifts, Derek Gabriel was aware of but separate from the dangers of the supernatural world, until a rogue wolf shifter stripped away his humanity. The change he barely survived didn’t drive him insane, but the cultural bias against him as an inferior transformed wolf might. And it doesn’t help that he’s fallen for the daughter of the most powerful wolf in the country.

Almost from the moment she was born, Nicole Peyton started planning her escape from the strict confines of elite shapeshifter society, an old-fashioned world where women are valued only for their bloodlines and bank accounts. In New Orleans she has a bar she loves, friends in decidedly low places, and a smoldering sensual tension with an incredibly attractive and deliciously unsuitable man.

Their forbidden longing erupts into unbridled need—until Nick’s sister burns into town with a strike team hard on her heels. Saving her means Nick has to play by the Conclave’s rules…and give up the man she is growing to love.

Unless Derek does something completely crazy—issue a challenge that could shake the foundations of their world.

Moira has done it again. I loved this book. Crossroads was such a fast paced read, which fit perfect for this next installment. I think if Moira took her time with this story I would be banging my head against the wall because there is such intensity in this story that if I had to wait too long for all the events to unfold I would go nuts....lol. Nicole (Nick) Peyton and Derek Gabriel are such a perfect couple. Nicole's father is know as the Alpha/leader of their kind which sort of makes Nicole a princess in their world and Derek is considered a "mutt" because he was turned (2 years ago) into a wolf and not born one. For a little over two years these two people have had an attraction to each other but never had the means or courage to act on it. But when a birthday party for Derek's cousin Kat gives them an excuse to sort of lay their cards on the table they take a leap in their relationship which I was so excited about. Then Moira throws us a curve ball in the form of Nick's twin sister Michelle and her "bodyguard" Aaron. The events that unfold test the newly formed bond between Derek and Nick. This story made me cry which I wasn't expecting to do. I literally had to force myself to go to bed at 2 A.M. this morning with only 30 pages left til the end because I couldn't put this book down but I so needed to be up in the morning to get me kids off to school. Moira made that very hard for me to do which I need to thank her for....^_^. To me, a book that keeps me wanting to read it even though I shouldn't makes it a book worth reading. Learning about Moira's world of shape shifters and magic has been such an incredible experience for me. Like I have said in the past I have not read too many shifter stories but Moira makes it so I feel I really need to make a place in my life for more shifter stories. I am finding it harder and harder to just be a HARDCORE Vampire fan. On a scale of 1-10 I again have to give one of Moira's books a 20 because it is so much more than a story. It is like a thrill ride that you just don't want to end EVER. I encourage everyone 18+ to pick up Moira's Southern Arcana Series, especially Crossroads, and read it for themselves and tell me this is not a great series. I am anxious to read more. The rest of the Southern Arcana Series Deadlock book #3 (Available January 4,2011), and Cipher book #4 (Available September 2011).

Link:

http://www.moirarogers.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Cool Banners

Love Immortal By Brita Addams
Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow

Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer