Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Thursday, November 11, 2010

Review Of Her Timeless Obsession By Tina Ordone


Her Timeless Obsession By Tina Ordone


  • Format: eBook, 156 pages

  • File Size: 839 KB

  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited

  • Published: September 27th 2010

  • Publisher: Noble Romance Publishing, LLC (November 2, 2010)

  • Language: English

  • ASIN: B004AYD6OY


  • Source: Amazon.Com (link to purchase HERE) and Goodreads.Com


  • Purchase: Noble Romance Publishing (link to purchase HERE)


  • Age: Adult 18+





  • Blurb:
    In 1910, Mrs. Honoria Smythe discovers trunks full of old clothes, letters written in 1810 between two lovers, as well as journals, which tell the tale of a love affair cut short. The young woman is curious about the distinguished soldier in a dusty portrait, which makes her wish to find out more about him and the woman to whom he wrote such romantic letters.

    She discovers a glorious love story, torn asunder by a duel, and her heart breaks for the lovers from a century past. Her fondest wish is to be able to somehow warn Jeremy Saintaubin and Honoria Danby of what fate is in store for them, well before the damage is done.

    A fall down the stairs somehow propels her thoughts back a century, into the mind of Honoria Danby. Will the unexplained strange thoughts, the excruciating headaches and the feelings of deja vu, save the day or will she lose the love of her life on a misty morning in Green Park?

    Tina Ordone has written a love story so poignant and so endearing that I shall not forget it for some time to come. Once I started this book I found it very hard to put down. This was such an easy book to love because the characters didn't feel contrived. Honoria Danby and Jeremy Saintaubin are one of the most real couple's (next to author Alice Clayton's Grace Sheridan and Jack Hamilton) I have read in all my life. Despite Jeremy's injury, incurred during a battle in the army, and Bartholomew's (better known as Bart and Honoria's brother) hatred of Jeremy the two seem to be unable to stay away from each other. It kills Jeremy to think his injury will drive Honoria away so instead he tries to keep her away from him and Honoria, knowing that she must have Jeremy for her husband above all things, takes it upon herself to go after what she wants despite what it might do to her reputation. I LOVED how even though these two people barely knew each other they knew enough that they had to be together no matter what it cost. I also loved how Tina (a.k.a. Brita Addams) used Prentice Hyde, a character from Brita's Sapphire Club Series (Serenity's Dream and Lord Decadent's Obsession), in such a way as to connect her two different types of writing styles. If you had read any Brita books you would know the reference and possible have a knowing smile but if you had not it would not affect your enjoyment of the story. Which I found to be a clever little trick to acknowledge her Brita fans. This story starts in 1910 when Mrs. Honoria Smythe finds a picture and falls almost in love with the gentleman in it Jeremy Saintaubin. But the real story takes place a hundred years earlier in 1810 which I like. Tina didn't keep jumping back and forth between the time periods which can be annoying in some stories. She kept it mainly in 1810 and when it went back to 1910 the transition was done smoothly and I didn't have the oh we are now back to a different time feeling. This story was beautifully written and pulled at my heart. The sex in this book was tastefully written and not offensive in the least. On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 20 because this book, in my opinion, was truly a magically romantic book and I can see why it is near and dear to Tina's heart. I feel EVERYONE 18 and older should pick up a copy of this book and read this wonderful love story for themselves and feel the taste of true love as only Tina Ordone can tell it.
    Link:
    http://www.tinaordone.com/

    2 comments:

    Brita Addams said...

    Raquel, I so appreciate not only your reading of Her Timeless Obsession, but for the wonderful review.I am so happy you loved the book. How does anyone respond to such insight into the story and then to a love of the story.

    Stay tuned, Love Immortal comes out on Dec. 4 and I think I remember you saying how much you loved vampires...

    skyla11377 said...

    I am so glad you liked my review. I was so afraid I wouldn't do your wonderful story justice. It truly was like no other. Oh yes I do love me some VAMPIRES....LOL. I so can't wait for Love Immortal.

    Post a Comment

    Clockwork Angel Countdown

    Cool Banners

    Love Immortal By Brita Addams
    Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
    Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow
    Michelle M. Pillow

    Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



    Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer