Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Monday, March 7, 2011

Raine Delight Blog Tour Stop

Today I have the awesome pleasure of having author Raine Delight as a guest on my blog. Fantasies Unbound came out March 4,2011 and I couldn't be happier for Raine. I have allowed her free reign so she is guest posting, answering some questions, giving you an excerpt to Moonlight & Magic (PG-13), and to put a cherry on the top of this day a giveaway. If you would like to purchase Fantasies Unbound click HERE. Raine is offering one lucky commenter (18 or older) a $10.00 Gift Card to All Romance Ebooks. All you have to do is answer Raine's questions (What series do you enjoy reading and why? Are there any out there you want to recommend?) in the comments for your chance to win. Giveaway ends March 9th at 11:59p.m. Raine will post the winner in the comments on March 10th so please make sure to leave your address. So now just kick back, relax, and I hope you have some fun on this ride. Raine I now give the floor to you.

Raine Delight is a pseudonym of a self professed book lover and after one too many TSTL characters, decided to see if she could write something a little better. Well many drafts later, Devon Falls series came to together. Check out my book pages to see what is going on with me. My muse is a male nut who likes to leave me to go sip mai tais on the beach and leave me foundering for words; though eventually he takes pity on me and gets my words flowing and characters start settling down.

Personal notes: I live with my own boytoy and two kids. I love Johnny Depp movies and enjoy hiking, reading and watching movies with my family.


Series vs. non-series books


I got a question from a reader the other day asking why do I write series books. Well that question stopped me in my tracks a bit. I never thought I would write series books but somehow, someway, my muse decided to run with it and today, I have one series with another on the way.

What do I love about writing series books? The chance to revisit beloved characters, the chance to explore the world I created more and to see what else will come to the muse to write about. There is no one thing that draws me to series books but the chance to see what else I can explore is a certain draw in MHO. I love seeing where my imagination can take me-from shifters, dream walkers to demons and more. The sky is the limit in my eyes.

Devon Falls was my first series of novellas and one I am particularly proud of. Originally to be only two books, it morphed into more than ten books once I settled down and saw where the muse was going. I was flabbergasted-ten books! I almost fainted but with four founding families to cover, it added up. I am currently redoing the Devon Falls books for my new publisher, Secret Cravings Publishing and they will publish Fiery Magic (Book 3), Haunting Magic (Book 4) & Moonlight & Magic (Book 5) in 2011 with the rest of the series to be coming soon after then I am taking a break for to concentrate on a few other projects then back to finish it off in 2012. *wipes brow* that is a lot of books, if I say so myself.

Next up is a new series, one I am enjoying immensely. Club Fantasy is a paranormal BDSM club run by a half-demon of lust and his lover. I am aiming for this to be a trilogy at first but then we can see what happens after that. Who doesn’t love demons, romance, bdsm aspects? I know I do. *grins* Then there is my new series I just started that is called Destined Mates. The premise is there is someone for everyone and this time destiny decides who your mate is. The first book has a cranky alpha were-panther who find that his destined mate is none other the witch next door…the sexy, aggravating witch who drives him absolutely batty. Plus she hates all shifters after her mom and sister were killed by rogue wolf shifters. Can destiny get these two past the walls they erected to fall in love?

Plus another new series I just sold to Shadowfire Press takes the premise of there is someone for everyone and I toss in some of my favorite paranormal/fantasy creatures (Were-panthers, witches, vampires, elves,etc) and have them find out their destined mate(s) are not who they think it should be. The first book is coming Nov. 2011 and has a surly, alpha were-panther finding that his destined mate is the next door neighbor-a witch who hates all things were. *grins* Can you see the sparks fly when destiny/fate decides these two are perfect for one another?

This isn’t to say I don’t enjoy writing non-series books. I currently have one coming out at Shadowfire Press called Fantasies Unbound-about a Fae Prince searching for his mate except when he finds her, she is human and that is not allowed. Then I have a story that is a bit of Firefly and a dash of Pirates of the Caribbean that I created called Space Pirates: Bounty for Shadowfire Press. It has the Earth dying and alien slavers stealing the last remaining humans. I like to mix it up and switch from series to non-series books but as writers know, if a plot bunny attacks, you never know where it may lead.


This is just the tip of the iceberg for me. I have other ideas for books (hunky elves anyone?) and who knows, maybe they will morph into a series as well. In the meantime, I read some wonderful series from talented authors (Yasmine Galenorn, Deborah Cooke, Jenna Black, JD Robb, etc) and settle in for my own personal reading pleasure while I recharge the muse.


My questions to you- What series do you enjoy reading and why? Are there any out there you want to recommend?


Check out Raine’s website (http://authorrainedelight.com) and blog (http://rainedelightbooknook.blogspot.com) for more information her books, contests and other fun stuff.


1) Can you tell me a bit about your most recent release?


Well I have a release of a previous released book that was reedited, expanded and retitled for my new publisher Shadowfire Press. It was originally called Fairy Kisses & Magical Dreams but now is titled Fantasies Unbound.


Fantasies Unbound is about a woman cynical on love, a fae prince who needs to find his soul mate or his mother will arrange a marriage for him and a little help from an unexpected place.


Here is the blurb of Fantasies Unbound:


Can destiny lead a Fae Prince to the one woman who can complete him mind, body and soul?


Prince Aryan has searched his world for the one woman that is his destined mate but has just about given up when he is lead to the human world. Even though it is forbidden to fall in love with one, he finds Skye Andrews completely delectable and wonders if she is his chosen love.


Skye Andrews has just about had it with men. After another disastrous date, she turns to her Aunt who gives her a love potion to try. With a magic spell and a mysterious face haunting her waking days, will Skye be able to find the love she is looking for? Can these two make it work or will their differences tear them apart?


2) For any readers who may not have read any of your books, can you just give us a little sneak peak into your world (i.e. the type of genre you write, type of stories you like to write....etc)?


Sure…right now I am knee deep in space. *laughs* I currently have one series, a few stand alone books and several new books coming in 2011 and beyond. I primarily write paranormal contemporary but am branching out into space (hence my statement above) and manlove.

If you like paranromal, then check out the following series/books-


Devon Falls Series (Coming out at Secret Cravings Publishing in 2011)


A little town where paranormals live and find love. Five books will be released (books 1-4 are previously published and have been expanded/re-edited for Secret Cravings) and fifth book is a brand new story, never before seen story.


Then coming at end of 2011, two new introductions into two paranormal series:


Destined Mates (book 1 coming in Nov. 2011 at Shadowfire Press)

What happens when destiny decides who your soul mate is? Why utter chaos of course. There is someone for everyone…..and it may not be who you think it may be. :)


Club Fantasy (First book out 2012 at Shadowfire Press)


What happens when your deepest, darkest fantasies want to be let out and you have no idea where to turn? Is there a place where you can find several partners to enjoy, be punished by your master and enjoy it, or be able to dominate the man of your dreams?


Welcome to Club Fantasy where all your fantasies will be fulfilled in whatever manner you desire. Each room delivers a different fantasy and whatever you desire will claim you: heart, body and soul! Once you walk through those doors, be prepared to let those fantasies come alive!


Then I have a June release coming from Shadowfire Press. Think Pirates of the Caribbean’s Captain Jack mixed with alittle Firefly and you get Space Pirates. *grins*


3) I know from your bio why you started writing but did you secretly always want to be one and felt that was your chance?

Actually I wanted to be a librarian. LOL I love to read and always seem to have a book with me. I felt this was the perfect choice but life has a way of changing a few things and I didn’t realize I had it in me to write until a few years ago. :)

4) How much of yourself, if any, do you put into your characters?


Oh man…..there is something of me in my heriones of some kind. Be it they are cynical, unlucky in love or physically have something of me (petite, full figured, etc).


5) Do you have a favorite couple from your Devon Falls Series?

Oh man…..I adore Jaxon and Rodrick from Haunting Magic. These two are pure combustion when they walked on to the scene and my muse was determined they would be together. *grins* Needless to say, Rod and Jax put up quite a fight.


My next favorite couple is a tie between Damien and Alicia from Fiery Magic and my upcoming Wip right now called Yuletide Magic but that title will change soon, Mandy and Grady. Secrets and magic abound at Winter Solstice in Devon Falls.


6) Do you find it hard to come up with new and exciting sex scenes or is there some scenes that you and your muse just don't agree about?


In a way yes. I try to keep things fresh but some days it is a struggle to make those scenes fit just right in a manuscript. My muse doesn’t really care too much on what I write in regards to this but sometimes, as in Red Hot Magic, the scene felt right to add a light bondage scene and was totally unexpected. :) I try to push the envelope a bit but not enough where even I am uncomfortable writing it.

7) Music, for me, is a big part of my life So I was wondering what type of music do you listen to and is music a muct when you are writing?


I love music and you can tell in some of my books what I am listening to at the writing of it. One has Josh Groban in it, another michael Buble and still another had a Bon Jovi song inspire the whole storyline. I need music to help keep the muse calm and me relaxed. *grins*

8) If you could throw a party with any five people (living or dead) who would you pick and why?


Oh man….Elvis for one and it has to be young Elvis, no old, fat Elvis. Then Cleopatra, Albert Einstein, Johnny Depp and maybe Czar Nicholas of Russia. I love history and heck Johnny is there for eye candy. :)

9) What are at least five things you have on your bucket list and have you done any of them?


Well, I don’t have a bucket list per say but I do want to take my kids to San Antonio, Texas where my daughter was born to show them the history of the Alamo and all that I love about this town then maybe go on a cruise and learn to snorkel.


10) I have noticed that you have a lot of books in the works. Are you the type of writer that always has to be writing or do you write for a certain amount of time and then say that's enough and take a hiatus?


Actually the beginning of 2011 had me changing publishers so about five of those releases this year are re-releases. I just added to them a bit and polished them a bit brighter. What I love to do is get going on an idea and see if it pans out. *grins* I took most of 2010 off due to being overstressed and frustrated. Writers block hit me hard during these trying times and once things got a bit easier in the new year, I have felt my muse sit up and yell "Hooray!" :)

11) I know you have read series from Yasmine Galenorn, Deborah Cooke, Jenna Black, and JD Robb to name a few but is there one series that you just love and think it is a must read for everyone?


I adore JD Robb/Nora Roberts. If you love interesting characters and tight storylines, then she is the author to look at. I so want to be her when I grow up. *grins*

Another author I admire and love is Bertrice Small. She is alegend in this business and she keeps publishing some wonderful books each year. I read anything she has out repeatedly. Another is Gena Showalter. She is amazing and so nice. I love her different series/genres and her Young Adult books are really good.

12) What do you have coming up this year/future (in terms of writing and possible appearences)?

Oh man…lots are coming this year. :)

From Shadowfire Press


www.shadoefirepress.com


March 4th: Fantasies Unbound (Previously released book)


June 17th: Space Pirates: Bounty (Sci-fi/Futuristic Menage) NEW BOOK RELEASE


November 4th: Destined Mates Book 1: Title TBA (Pararnormal Contemporary) NEW BOOK RELEASE

December 4th: Misteltoe Magic (Paranormal/Vampire Holiday novella) NEW BOOK RELEASE


***

From Secret Cravings Publishing

www.secretcravingspublishing.com

Devon Falls Series:

**Release dates TBA**

Fiery Magic (Book 3)~Paranormal/Dragon Shifter (Previously Released/Expanded for SCP)

Haunting Magic (Book 4)~Paranormal/Wolf Shifter (Previously Released/Expanded for SCP)

Moonlight & Magic (Book 5)~Paranormal/Were-Tiger (NEW BOOK RELASE)

Devon Falls 5: Moonlight & Magic

Raine Delight

Secret


Cravings Publishing

Coming in 2011

Paranormal/Shifter (Were-tiger) Erotic Romance

www.secretcravingspublishing.com

Can a were-tiger convince one stubborn woman that she is his for all time and show her that falling in love is just as sinful as a chocolate kiss?


Dixie Sinclair has watched her cousins all fall in love and now she wants the same. Dared to go to the annual Masquerade ball, Dixie finds the one thing she desires: love...one problem...can she trust that it will last after that one night?


Michael Barnes is a rare white were-tiger who was thrown out of his pride long ago for a trumped up crime, Michael roams the world searching for the one place to call home. Finding that peace in Devon Falls, he finds the one woman who stirs him like no other. Can he convince Dixie that she can trust him forever?


Unedited excerpt so please excuse the mistakes:


A smiling fairy moved by him, a come-hither look in her eyes when they landed on him made him smile a little as he continued watching, waiting for Dixie to show up. Damien mentioned she was on her way a litlle bit ago had him anxious. He was eager to see her and see if the sparks he felt between them was still there. He hoped he could recognize her in the mass of witches, fairies, demons and other costumed guests that was rapidly filling the place.


"So Michael, how come you aren't wearing your mask?" A voice came from behind Michael as he turned to see who was there tense with something even he couldn't name. Spying Rod, Damien's twin and wolf shifter had him relaxing a bit.


"Just waiting is all, Rod." He said as he took a good look at Rod's costume. Trying to stifle the laugh as he took in Rod's pained expression as he adjusted the tights he was wearing and the hat he was wearing slid down more, he asked "So are you supposed to be this pretty? Won't Jax be mad if you outshone her legs in that get up?" Snickering at the way Rod tried to get the offending hat back where it was supposed to be-on his head not his drink-made him relax even more and laugh harder. With another snicker, he finished his drink and put in a passing waiter's tray while he scanned the room again for Dixie and his heart dropped when he didn't spot her. Turning back to Rod he tried to not to laugh at the disgruntled look on the wolfs face.

"Shut up you jack ass. At least you don't have to wear tights. Sheesh, can you imagine how hard she laughed when she finally saw me in this get up. I swear that infernal female of mine is going to get her ass paddled for thinking it would be great to be Robin Hood and Maid Marion for Halloween." Rod said as the hat slid down again drawing a growl from Rod as he shoved it back so far it fell into the potted plant behind him.

Michael took one more look at Rod and laughed again, "Well, let me be the one to say this that you look good in tights. Maybe you can do a turn on the catwalk of something."


Then a feeling spead through his body, one that had him whipping his head around quickly, nostrils flaring as his body went rigid and the tiger roared with desire inside his mind, determined to claim the one woman he and his tiger wanted to mark. Shaking his head, he turned to face the crowd and tried to see where she was. Scanning the crowd, he felt the magic of the tiger grow stronger as he spied a black lace clad woman with cat ears in the corner, watching everything, smiling at someone passing by. MINE was what rolled through his system as he knew with no shadow of a doubt that his woman was here as he put on his mask, he was determined to claim her, once and for all. Barely hearing Rod's bye through the haze that consumed him- his eyes glowed golden yellow and his body felt tight with a need to mark and mate with his female. This raging lust that ran through him was making him so hard he ached. His body felt like it wasn't his anymore and as he made his way to the other side of the ballroom, he knew his tiger was in control at the moment and as he tried to still the panic that made his stomach go in knots. He just hoped he wasn't wrong about Dixie because his time he was going to jump and hope to god he didn't get crushed yet again.


My links:

Website: http://authorrainedelight.com


Raine’s Book Nook Blog: http://Rainedelightbooknook.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Raine_Delight

Author/Reader Loop: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Author_Raine_Delight

Email me: rainedelight@yahoo.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/AuthorRaine-Delight

Wow, Raine you sure know how to drop by. Reminder as promised Raine is offering one lucky 18 or older commenter a $10.00 Gift Card to All Romance Ebooks. All you have to do is answer Raine's questions (What series do you enjoy reading and why? Are there any out there you want to recommend? ) in the comments for your chance to win. Giveaway ends March 9th at 11:59p.m. Raine will post the winner in the comments on March 10th so please make sure to leave your address.

5 comments:

jeanette8042 said...

I LOVE Nalini Singh's Archangel series! All her books are awesome and I always recommend her work to everyone! Her paranormal characters and stories just capture you from the first page and you can't help but fall in love with them.
lilazncutie1215[at]yahoo[dot]com

Denise Vega said...

My favorite series so far is the " Love at Stakes " series by Kerrelyn Sparks hutchslady26 (at )aol(dot )com

Damaris said...

I really enjoy reading Lara Adrain's Midnight Breed series. You get a little taste of each character and all their yummyness!!! LOL

I would have to recommend (other than Lara Adrian of course) J.R. Ward Blackdagger Brotherhood.

Wanda (GoodChoiceReading) said...

The series I've enjoyed the most are the "Twilight Series" (But then again who didn't?) and Susan' Mallery's "Fool's gold" Series. Both were awesome.

Christina Irelan said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the "Black Dagger Brotherhood Series" by J.R. Ward. It is totally enthralling! Once I read half of the first book I knew I HAD to have the entire series. It is truly hard to put them down once you start reading them!

christina_irelan@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Cool Banners

Love Immortal By Brita Addams
Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow

Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer