Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Thursday, April 7, 2011

Susan Mallery Already Home Blog Tour

Today I have the pleausre of having author Susan Mallery, author of ALREADY HOME stoping by to guest post about having cooks and cooking in her books. At the end of her post you will find links to were you can connect and/or follow Susan and get updates on her upcoming books.

Susan Mallery has entertained millions of readers with her witty and emotional stories of women and the relationships that move them. In her latest novel, ALREADY HOME, Jenna Stevens, still reeling from a recent divorce, is unpleasantly surprised by the arrival of her birth parents, who seem to want her to feel a family bond immediately. She was perfectly happy with the loving, traditional parents who raised her. Can she learn to love a second mother without damaging her relationship with the woman who raised her? Join Susan’s Members Only area at www.susanmallery.com for exclusive sneak peeks, short stories, and more.

What is it about cooking that has captivated you to the point of creating your own recipes and having chefs or something to do with cooking in almost all your books?

Susan: LOL! I really have done a lot of books with cooking, haven’t I? The Buchanan series featured a family who co-owned a restaurant in Seattle. The Marcelli series was about an Italian
family who owned a fabulous vineyard in California, and of course, wine and food go together. Then the backdrop of the Bakery Sisters series is evident in the series name. And now ALREADY HOME, my latest book, features Jenna, a sous chef who’s lost her mojo in the kitchen.


The research on these books is fabulous, of course! Fine food, fine wine, and chocolate… I love my job!

As I write a book, I live vicariously through my characters. When they’re happy, I feel happy as I write. When they share a long look or a first kiss, my heart pounds and my fingers get all
trembly. (Hard to type with trembly fingers, but despite that, those are my favorite days of writing.)

But with the cooking scenes, honestly, I’m experiencing the book as a spectator. I’m not the cook – I’m the one who gets to eat the delicious food the character is making. (In my head, anyway.)

I never really enjoyed cooking that much, but I guess all that research has soaked in at least a little bit. I don’t do anything fancy or gourmet, but I do like to create simple, delicious food. Check out the recipes page on my website: www.susanmallery.com/recipes.php I get a lot of hits on the Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes recipe. O… M… G. They’re decadent. One spoonful contains everything that’s good in the world.

Susan: What’s your biggest food temptation? Do you crave sweets, or do your tastes go to salty snacks? I’m a sweet girl, myself. Puffy, flaky pastries filled with cream and covered with chocolate….Mmmmmm!

Please join the Members Only area at www.susanmallery.com to read a free extended excerpt of ALREADY HOME!

Keep in touch with Susan on:
Twitter: Here
Facebook: Here
GoodReads: Here

Link:

6 comments:

lushbookreviews said...

What a great interview! Hi Susan! Thanks for doing this. I am a new follower and would love to be entered :-D

Dhester23 at yahoo dot com

SusanMallery said...

Skyla, thank you so much for hosting me here today and for asking such a fun question. You've had me thinking about food all day! At the moment, I'm working on next year's Fool's Gold books, which will feature cowboy heroes... And of course, cowboys whet an entirely different kind of appetite. ;)

SusanMallery said...

Hi, Lush! I'd love for you to enter my blogger widget contest! If you put the ALREADY HOME widget on your blog, you'll be entered for a chance to win $100 to the bookstore of your choice. You can find details in the Contest box on my website home page: www.susanmallery.com

skyla11377 said...

I had a lot of fun Susan, thanks so much for allowing me into your world.....^_^. Thanks for stopping by Lush and following.

Dylanarman said...

You only call when you need a ride, some money or to tell us you aren't coming home and want to stay somewhere else.

Property Management

Dylanarman said...

Accepting a home affairs account in abode can absolutely advice you to accrue on top of things at a time if important things can generally be abandoned and can accomplish a big aberration to the aftereffect of your purchase.

Property Management

Post a Comment

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Cool Banners

Love Immortal By Brita Addams
Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow

Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer