Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review Of The ARC Working Out The Kinks (A Short Story) By Kiki Howell


Working Out The Kinks (A Short Story) By Kiki Howell


Coming Oct. 17th, 2011
Genres: Pagan, Contemorary, Erotic Romance

Adult Content Warnings: Explicit Graphic Language and Sex Magic with mild BDSM Elements from Rebel Ink Press 


Blurb:
Making an appointment with his ex-girlfriend under a fake name, David buys himself one hour to get her attention. Hoping to apologize and remind her of their time together, he intends to do whatever he has to in order to make Meredith, a practicing Wiccan, forgive him for being idiot enough to have listened to those around him and choosing his political aspirations over love.

Meredith is resistant to let David anywhere near her heart again. Desperate, David plays all his trump cards and suggests a sexual magick ritual which incorporates the BDSM lifestyle he and Meredith used to experiment with. The methods he uses may be unconventional, like sensory deprivation and sensation play intended to build trust and to achieve altered states of consciousness. But David is more than willing to do whatever it takes if he can just get Meredith to agree.

Kiki has such a way of extracting deep feelings from her readers. She has such a handle on peoples emotions you would almost swear it was an otherworldly talent. Meredith is deeply hurt by what happened between her and David, her now ex-boyfriend. For his part, he realizes he let the best thing that ever happen to him get away from him because of outside peer pressure. I felt for both of these characters emotional struggles. Meredith for wanting, but letting go for what she feels, is best for him. David for wanting, but having to deal with the amount of hurt he caused the one woman who loved him beyond anything. Their journey of rediscovery was HOT, as well as tender and full of emotions. I enjoyed how Kiki captured the Wiccan elements and told them with much attention to detail. I, like David, am Roman Catholic but I have ALWAYS been fascinated by the occult and/or witch craft. Not until I was older did I realize it was more a religion (Wicca), a way of life that brings balance, peace, and harmony to all around. I love that after reading a story by Kiki I feel like, not only have I read a great story but I have learned something new about myself and a greater appreciation for all things Wiccan. On a scale from 1-10 I give Working Out The Kinks a 10. Ever since I read Torn Asunder, I knew miss Howell would be an author I would want to read over and over again. If you are looking for a great short story with actual feelings you can relate to and a love to hold on to and never let go of than this story is one you need to pick up on October 17,2011.

Links:
Blog: Here
Facebook: Here
Twitter: Here
GoodReads: Here

2 comments:

Kiki Howell - Author said...

Thanks for the WONDERFUL review! I'm so...well, I have no words to explain it because happy, thrilled, touched, will never do the emotion justice!

skyla11377 said...

You are so sweet for saying that. It really means a lot when I get such positive feed back from an author on my review of their book. makes what I love to do (reading and writing)so worth it....^_^. Thank you so much.

Post a Comment

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Cool Banners

Love Immortal By Brita Addams
Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow

Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer