Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Review Brightest Kind Of Darkness (Brightest Kind Of Darkness Series Book #1) By P.T. Michelle

Brightest Kind of Darkness, YA Paranormal Romance (Book #1)
Brightest Kind Of Darkness (Brightest Kind Of Darkness Series Book #1) By P.T. Michelle


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 507 KB
Print Length: 357 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Patrice Michelle (June 27, 2011)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B0058J4KSQ
Source: Amazon.Com (link to purchase HERE)
Purchase: Barnes And Noble (link to purchase HERE)


Blurb:


Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate...until she dreams a future she can't ignore.


After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.


Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.


Author's note: Brightest Kind of Darkness is a dark paranormal novel length YA full of mystery, adventure, romance, and even a touch of horror. It's best suited for ages 14 and up.

This book was fantastic. I was literally up all night and didn't go to bed til 9AM because I just couldn't put this book down. P.T. did an amazing job with the characters and the whole story line. It had me hook, line, and sinker.


Inara (Nara or Nari) Collins has a rather unusual life which, gets even more stranger the day she prevents a bombing at her school. That one deed starts a chain reaction that even Nara herself couldn't see coming. But in doing so, it also puts her into the path of Ethan, a relatively new kid at her school.


Ethan Harris has his own issues and an air of dark mystery surrounding him. Ethan prefers to be alone and to shut out everyone around him.When he bumps into Nara he realizes she may be the one person who can save him from all the bad things he has going on in his life.


This month I have read a slew of books which simply took my breath away and Brightest Kind Of Darkness was one of them. Whether I went from wanting to scream at Nara to not go against what must be to complete and utter shock at what has just transpired, this book kept me on my toes and at the edge of my seat. In some ways this book reminded me of the movie Final Destination (which I loved by the way) but with new and exciting twists and turns. I don't want to give too much of the story away for fear of ruining it's otherworldly goodness. On a scale from 1-10 I give Brightest Kind Of Darkness an earth shattering 20. December has been the month for books breaking my scale. This book is just such a phenomenally, fantastic thrill ride. If you love people with supernatural gifts, two somewhat tortured souls finding each other, teenage angst,  or a good ole' paranormal book than Brightest Kind  Of Darkness is a book you need to pick up. The only thing negative I would say is that the book ended too sudden for me. When I started reading this book I had no idea it was book 1 of a series so I was total expecting a resolution BUT with that being said I SO CAN NOT WAIT to read book 2 in this series. EVERYONE needs to run out and pick up this book.

Link:
http://www.ptmichelle.com/
Facebook: Here
Twitter: Here

3 comments:

P.T. Michelle said...

Hi Rachel,

Thought I'd pop over here, too and thank you so much for your fabulous review of BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS!

P.T.

skyla11377 said...

You are so welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my blog, it means a lot....^_^.

Tamara LeBlanc said...

Fantastic sounding book! I really like the cover. And you know what? The title is cool too.
Smooches and hugs to you, Skyla dear.
Have a great weekend!
tamara

Post a Comment

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Cool Banners

Love Immortal By Brita Addams
Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow

Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer