Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Saturday, May 5, 2012

Review Of Playing Easy To Get By Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jaid Black, And Kresley Cole

Playing Easy to Get (Includes: B.A.D. Series, #1.5; Vikings Underground, #3; Immortals After Dark, #1)
Playing Easy To Get By Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jaid Black, And Kresley Cole

Series: Includes: B.A.D. Series, #1.5; Vikings Underground, #3; Immortals After Dark, #1
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Gallery Books; Original edition (February 7, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1416510877
ISBN-13: 978-1416510871
Source: Amazon.Com (link to purchase HERE) and GoodReads
Purchase: Barnes And Noble (link to purchase HERE)
Age: Adult 18+*

*I added the age restriction. The age restriction was not provided by Amazon.Com or GoodReads.Com.

Blurb:


New York Times bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon and rising stars Jaid Black and Kresley Cole unlock the pleasures and perils of embracing the boldest and most powerful of lovers -- 100% alpha males -- in three sensually erotic tales. Discover the physical rapture of his muscular arms.... Become a prisoner of passion, swept away by an encounter with his primal side.... And get lost in the all-consuming thrill of white-hot pursuit by a relentless stranger who may be your most dangerous foe, the best lover you've ever had -- or both. Let your fantasies run wild with these unforgettable novellas where bigger is most definitely better -- and playing easy-to-get is the only way to go!


I have had this book since 2009. I hadn't had the chance to read it because I had so many other books I wanted to read plus I was in the midst of getting my blog off the ground. Recently I have been so consumed with trying to read all the books I had been given by some amazing authors that I haven't had time to stop and smell the roses so to speak. I had just finished reading an e-book for review on my PC, when out of the corner of my eye I spied Playing Easy To Get. I was tired of having to read e-books on my PC (my awesome e-reader is broken so I am stuck reading my e-books on my PC) and I just wanted to be able to hold a book in my hand and leave my room at the same time. That's when I thought I would take a teeny tiny break from my author requested reads and just read for the pure pleasure of it. Don't get me wrong I love the books I am asked to review but sometimes you just need a "for me" book. I am so glad I did because this book was AWESOME. I was able to sample three authors in one book. I have like 2 books from Sherrilyn Kenyon but haven't read them and I have never read anything by Jaid Black or Kresley Cole. This book, in my opinion, was a great introduction to their writing styles. Each novella gives you a glimpse into 3 amazing series, which I have in turn add to my to be read pile. You have Kresley Cole's Immortal's After Dark Series #1, Sherrilyn Kenyon's B.A.D. Series #1.5, and Jaid Black's Vikings Underground Series #3.


Sherrilyn Kenyon has her heroine into a particular romance novel and debating on whether to enter a dream of a lifetime sweepstakes while her hero is on the run from some shady guys hiding out and trying to maintain a low profile.


Jaid Black has her heroine grieving the loss of her brother and bemoaning her lonely life while her hero is an old school Viking who lives underground and follows some very ancient teachings of his people.


Kresley Cole has her heroine as a very scheming Valkyrie who will stop at nothing to punish any man who is deserving while her hero is a 300 or so year old Vampire who was made because he was a warrior but not really accepted because he was not born into the supernatural world.


Each story has something for everyone and the hot hook-ups are a nice added touch. The work with the story and are not just added to fill up space. On a scale from 1-10 I give Playing Hard To Get a great BIG 10. If you enjoy a good with characters you can enjoy and possible relate to then Playing Easy To Get is the book for you. Everyone 18+ should pick up a copy and enjoy where the stories take them.


Link:
Sherrilyn Kenyon: Here
Facebook: Here
Twitter: Here
GoodReads: Here
YouTube: Here
Jaid Black: Here
Facebook: Here
Twitter: Here
Pinterest: Here
Kresley Cole: Here
Facebook: Here
Twitter: Here
GoodReads: Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Cool Banners

Love Immortal By Brita Addams
Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow

Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer