Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review Of Blaze (Phoenix Rising Series Book #2) By Joan Swan


Blaze (Phoenix Rising Series Book #2) By Joan Swan

Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Kensington (September 25, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0758266405
ISBN-13: 978-0758266408
Source: Amazon.Com (link to purchase HERE)
Purchase: Barnes And Noble (link to purchase HERE)
Age: Adult 18+*

 *I added the age restriction. The age restriction was not provided by Amazon.Com.

Blurb:

With a man like him, every mission becomes personal. . . 

Ever since FBI agent Keira O'Shay started tracking a young boy named Mateo, she's felt a connection even her empathic abilities can't explain. She needs to save Mateo from the cult leader holding him hostage. Nothing can interfere with that--not even the reappearance of Luke Ransom, the hot-as-hell fire captain she's regretted walking out on for three long years. 


Losing Keira left Luke vulnerable--in every way. When they were together, the powers each possesses were mysteriously enhanced. But it's the sexy, surprising woman beneath the tough exterior that Luke's really missed. Even if she betrayed him utterly. And even if agreeing to help her uncover a government conspiracy means watching his life and his heart go up in flames again.


Praise for Joan Swan and Fever


Although I could never love Luke more than I love Teague Creek, I do have to say Luke Ransom is very HOT!!!! Once I read Fever (book #1) I knew I would be bouncing off the walls until I got to read this book. Joan so does not disappoint. She had me hooked from the first sentence.

When Luke and Keira crossed paths for the fist time since their breakup I knew things would be explosive but I never realized just how much. I was already rooting for these two characters ever since they were mentioned in Fever. Luke and Keira are the types of characters that need to be together because without each other the other one is just existing and not really living, at least in my opinion. Keira needed to prove something to herself and she had to let Luke go in order to find herself. Luke on the other hand, knew that he wanted to create a future for him and Keira but he just couldn't get her to see his vision for them.

The action in this book started at the very beginning which threw our couple immediately together and started them on a path to survival with an unknown enemy. The back and forth between the two kept me at the edge of my seat. Just when I think I have things figured out it never really is what it seems. Teague, Alyssa, and Mitch get called in, first to help heal Keira and then, to help Luke figure out just what it is that is going on.

Everything in this story flowed really well. I felt nothing was thrown in for the sack of filling up pages. Joan really has what it takes to continue to be a really great author. Some books claim to be part of a series but often they turn out to be barely considered a series at all. I love how I got an update on Teague, Alyssa, and Mitch in this book. It makes the sequel cohesive. On a scale from 1-10 I give Blaze a GREAT BIG 10. It was a great story and kept me hooked until the very last page. If you are looking for a story with tons of action and a searing romance than I think everyone adult 18+ needs to go and pick themselves up a copy of Blaze. If you haven't read Fever** I also recommend picking up a copy of that book too. These books will not disappoint. Let Luke and Keira's story burn you up in more ways than one.

**My review of Fever: Here

Link:
http://joanswan.com/
Blog: Here
Facebook: Here
Facebook Author Page: Here
Twitter: Here
Twitter: @romancegiveaway
GoodReads: Here
Pinterest: Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Cool Banners

Love Immortal By Brita Addams
Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow

Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer