Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Monday, July 28, 2014

Review Of Deviant (Blood & Roses Series Book #1) By Callie Hart

Deviant (Blood & Roses Series Book #1) By Callie Hart

File Size: 2404 KB
Print Length: 181 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B00IJPO9R8
Source: Amazon.com
Purchase: Barnes And Noble
Age: Adult 18+**

**Age restriction was added by me and not Amazon.com

Blurb:

*Please be aware that this is a Dark Romance novel and deals with serious themes, including violence and murder*

This story is the first part in a series, each approx. 30-40k words in length.


Sloane

I'm not proud of the things I've done.
The things I've had to do.
The things I've given away.
but I'd give it all over again to find her.

Even if i die trying,

I have to find Alexis.

Zeth

She wants me to help her,
But I won't.
She wants me to save her sister,
But I can't.
She wants me to be her hero,
But I'm not a good man.

I am her damnation.

My Review:

I now have another brilliant author to add to my repertoire. Callie Hart has blown me away with Deviant. I knew from the blurb that this book sounded intriguing but I was in no way prepared for this powder keg. It gripped me from the first sentence and totally changed how I felt about Zeth from beginning to end. Callie is a powerful writer and really lets you into the inner workings of Zeth and Sloane's mind.

Sloane Romera is a shell of the person she used to be. Ever since Alexis "Lex" disappeared she hasn't been able to truly live her life. In a way, Lex disappearing makes Sloane a better Resident Doctor. When you can't feel anything you can concentrate on your job better and nothing holds you back, at least that is how Sloane feels at the moment. When Sloane and Zeth cross paths it slowly sends her down the proverbial rabbit hole searching for the one thing she just can't seem to grasp.

Zeth Mayfair is the kind of guy any normal person would cross the street to get away from and that is just how he likes it. Zeth has not lived the typical picket fence lifestyle but that has only molded him into the dark and sinister deviant that he is. When Zeth first sets eyes on Sloane he sees something in her that makes him wonder what is hiding behind her vacant eyes. 

I have been obsessed with dark romances lately and Callie did not disappoint with Deviant. This book has so much more going on but with this being the first book saying ANYTHING more with reveal to much of what would be happening in this book and the subsequent books in the series. On a scale from 1-5 I give Deviant a great BIG 10. It had all the bells and whistles of a great dark romance with enough wtf moments to keep me captivated. If you are looking for a great dark romance that takes you out of your comfort zone and throws you into a world that most people would hide under there beds from then Deviant is the book for you. I encourage EVERYONE adult 18+ to run out and pick up a copy of Deviant. Let Zeth and Sloane show you that, even in the dark, unexpected and amazing things can happen.

Link:
Facbook
Facebook Author
Twitter
Website
Blog
GoodReads
Google Plus
Amazon Author
B&N Author
Smashwords Author
Scribd

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Cool Banners

Love Immortal By Brita Addams
Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow

Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer