Enter The L.A.M.B. Fan Forum



Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Review Of High Stakes (Vittorio Crime Family #1) By Vanessa Waltz

High Stakes (Vittorio Crime Family #1) By Vanessa Waltz

File Size: 400 KB
Print Length: 334 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B00M9A6KIU
Source: Amazon.com
Purchase: Barnes And Noble
Age: Adult 18+*

*Age restriction was added by me and not Amazon.com

Blurb:

There are a million reasons why I should stay away from Vincent Cesare.

This was supposed to be temporary. I was supposed to deal for his illegal card games and get some quick cash. That was it. I wasn’t supposed to fall for him.

Little by little, I see the monster grinning at me through the cracks in his pretty suit. He won't tell me what he does, and I'm not sure I want to know. The darkness in his eyes terrifies me. He's seduced me into his web of lies with his charm, and now I'm trapped in his life. He's taken control over me without me even realizing...or resisting.

I'm in way over my head.

He promised that nothing would ever happen to me. The Vittorio family wants me dead and there's only one person I can turn to. But what scares me is what I'll have to do.

I'll need to become his.

Author's Note: This is a standalone dark romance novel with no cliffhangers, it contains themes of violence and mature situations that could make readers uncomfortable. Part two coming out soon! 

My Review:

Vanessa knocks it out of the park with her dark and gritty romance High Stakes. Unlike her last book Ruthless which dealt with an MC her latest book deals with an Italian Mob Family. This book sucked me in from page one. I was up all night reading it because I just couldn't put it down. The way Vanessa writes about The Vittorio Family makes you feel like you are really a part of Vince's lifestyle. In my opinion, there was never a dull moment in this book. it was action packed from beginning to end.

Adriana "Ade" Baldino loves to play poker and she's a great dealer. One night out with her bff Maria and Maria's cousin Jackie ends up changing the course of Adriana's life forever. From the moment Ade lays eyes on Vincent she feels this undeniable attraction to him. Even after Adriana discovers what Vince does for a living she just can't stay away from him. One fateful night of dealing cards opens up Adriana's eyes to a whole new world; a world in which there is no turning back from.

Vincent "Vince" Cesare is not the type of guy that good girls should ever get involved with. for one thing he runs illegal card games and secondly his real job has a Boss you just DON'T want to mess with. Vincent never expected someone like Adriana to fall into his lap quite like she does. Vincent knows he should stay away from Ade but even he knows it is way too late for that.

I can't say anymore or else I will ruin it for everyone and could possibly end up sleeping with the fishes....lol. I CAN'T wait until book #2 is published. On a scale from 1-5 I give High Stakes at 10. How could I not go off the scales with a book like this. Vanessa has quickly grown to be my go to author when it comes to dark and gritty romance novels. If you looking for a book that takes you out of your comfort zone, that's dark and gritty, keeps you at the edge of your seat from start to finish, or if you just want an AWESOME story than High Stakes is the book for you. I urge EVERYONE Adult 18+ to run out and pick up a copy of High Stakes. Don't judge Vincent and Adriana to harshly until you hear their side of the story.

Link:
Facebook
Twitter
GoodReads
Amazon Author
B&N Author
Kobo
Smashwords

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Cool Banners

Love Immortal By Brita Addams
Most Eligible By Lindsay Marene Ordone
Michelle M. Pillow,Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow
Michelle M. Pillow

Torn By Johann Lippowitz With Natalie Imbruglia



Twilight Saga: Eclipse Trailer